In our previous post, we’ve announced to everyone about the upcoming Basic Mountaineering Course 2012 in Malasag.
This coming July 21-22 Saturday and Sunday, join BMC 2012 with speaker Eric Bontuyan, an accredited BMC instructor in the country.
07:00 AM On-site registration
08:00 AM Invocation / Welcome Address
09:00 AM Start of BMC Lecture
12:00 NN Lunch break
01:00 PM Resume BMC lecture
05:00 PM End of BMC lecture/preparation for short hike
05:15 PM Start hike to Malasag forest
06:00 PM Setup camp in Eco-Village ground, tent pitching
07:00 PM Dinner
08:00 PM Socials
11:00 PM Lights off
05:00 AM Wake up call
06:00 AM Breakfast
08:00 AM Start of BMC Lecture
12:00 NN Lunch
01:00 PM Resume BMC Lecture
05:00 PM End of BMC Lecture
06:00 PM Closing remarks, distribution of certificates
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who will provide the tents?
The event host can provide tents. You can also bring your own tent if you want.
- What to bring/wear/do during hike?
Wear whatever that makes you feel comfortable. We will be taking a short hike around the forest. For safety reasons, we encouraged everyone to wear shoes. You can bring the following: flashlights, water bottle, rain coat/jacket
You may want to read this article about basic camping.
Basic mountaineering course to introduce leisure activities to the novice mountaineer, along with the basic rudiments and skills of the activity, the course shall stress key concept in fitness and safety.
- To develop the participants appreciation for nature and awareness of sound conservation practices through practical experiences.
- To develop desirable qualities of character such as resourcefulness and creativity that can be drawn out of trying situations brought about by the outdoor experience.
- To develop physiological fitness through progressive exercise.
- To provide a venue for individual satisfaction and enjoyment through different outdoor pursuits.
Basic Mountaineering Course outline will be discussed by one of the accredited BMC instructors in the country, Mr. Eric Bontuyan.
Eric A. Bontuyan
Accredited BMC Instructor
- Mountain-Guide Instructor – (Certified) the Association Suisse des Guides de Montagne (ASGM)
- Outdoor Facilitator/Instructor – (Certified) Asia-Pacific Adventure, HK (APA)
- BMC Instructor – (Certified) the Mountaineering Federation of the Phils. (MFPI)
- Bush Craft 1 – (Trained) the New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Assoc. (NZOIA)
- Rock 1 & 2 – (Trained) the New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Assoc. (NZOIA)
- Kayak 1 – (Trained) the British Canoe Union (BCU)
- Wilderness First Responder – (Trained) National Safety Council, ECT-HK
- Chairperson, Training Board – Philippine Speleological Society Inc. (PSSI)
- Ex-officio, BOD – The Sport-climbing Assoc. of the Phils. Inc. (SCAPI)
- Cave-guide Instructor – Philippine Cave Guide Assoc. (PCGA)
- Proprietor – Viajero Outdoor Centre, Cag. de Oro City
- Proprietor – Viajero Access Solutions Phils.
For info and inquiries, please contact 0922-860-7121 or 0935-295-0791 and look for Carlo.